Overcome Cavities with Dental Fillings
Are your teeth ravaged by tooth decay or damage? North Mesquite Dental Group offers composite (tooth-colored) fillings to restore the shape and function of your tooth. Once Dr. Tina Foss treats your decayed or damaged tooth, it remains safe from further damage and infections. But for how long? Your restored tooth will last for as many as ten years before it needs another filling.
The dental filling procedure
Cavity filling is one of the most straightforward treatments in dentistry. The procedure lasts about 30 minutes per tooth, although bigger cavities and damage or decay in tricky spots may take longer. The dental filling procedure begins with a consultation with Dr. Foss. Once we establish your tooth can be restored by a filling, the dental filling treatment takes shape as below:
- We numb your mouth to reduce discomfort during treatment
- The dentist drills out the decayed part
- We thoroughly clean your tooth to eliminate harmful bacteria
- We fill out your tooth in layers using composite resin
- The dentist hardens the composite resin material with a curing light
After treating your tooth, we will adjust your filling until the bite feels normal. The final step involves polishing your teeth for a stunning, natural appearance.
The benefits of composite fillings
Dentists can use various materials, including gold and silver amalgam, to treat cavities. We practice metal-free dentistry by using composite fillings to restore your damaged teeth. We prefer white fillings because they offer numerous benefits, including:
- Aesthetically appealing: Gone are the days when you had to show unsightly metal fillings whenever you opened your mouth. Today, dentists use natural-looking dental fillings. Once installed, no one can distinguish your treated tooth from the rest.
- Conservative: We only remove a small portion of your tooth when treating it with composite fillings. This preserves the structural integrity of your tooth.
- Safety: Composite fillings have an excellent safety record. They are created from bio-compatible materials and don’t change in size as temperatures vary.
North Mesquite Dental Group offers amazing dental filling technology to treat your cavities while preserving the natural aesthetics of your smile. Please dial (972) 619-7763 to book an appointment with Dr. Tina Foss for safe, durable, and natural-looking dental fillings.